Vegan Spaghetti Carbonara
- 120ml Crackd No-Egg-Egg
- 300g dried no egg spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150ml plant based cream (suitable for cooking)
- 60g plant based grated Parmesan (plus extra to serve).
- 100ml dry white wine
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp salt and coarse ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the spaghetti and stir as it softens to make sure it doesn’t stick together.
- Pour the olive oil into a heavy bottom frying pan, add the plant based bacon, diced onion, basil and garlic and gently fry until the onion is soft then add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes..
- When cooked, remove the spaghetti from the boiling water and add to the pan with the bacon, garlic, basil and onion in.
- Toss the spaghetti well making sure it is completely coated in the oil
- In a bowl mix together the Crackd No-Egg-Egg, cream, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream mix onto the spaghetti turning well to ensure it is fully coated
- As soon as the cream starts to bubble remove from the heat and divide into serving bowls
- Serve with the parsley, a grind of black pepper and extra plant based Parmesan sprinkled on top.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN RECIPE!
Some of our OTHER faves!
FOLLOW US ON THE GRAM