Lemons, Sliced (enough to cover the top of the cake)
Extra Sugar For Sprinkling the Fruit
225ml Plant-based Milk
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
120g Crackd The No-Egg Egg
25ml Grand Marnier
1 Vanilla Pod
Zest Of 1 Lemon
160g Caster Sugar
150g Vegan Butter
350g Self Raising Flour
1 1/2tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas Mark 3
2. Sprinkle the sliced lemons with sugar
3. Place a layer of sliced lemons into a greased cake tin
4. In a bowl, add the vinegar and plant-based milk, stir. Leave for a few minutes.
5. Add in Crackd The No-Egg Egg, vanilla, grand marnier and lemon zest. Whisk until frothy.
6. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar.
7. Add the liquid mix to the creamed butter and sugar. Beat in an electric mixer until smooth.
8. Sieve flour and baking powder into mix. Fold in.
9. Pour the cake batter over the layered lemons.
10. Bake for 30 minutes.
11. Cool then turn out upside down onto a plate.