- One day before you bake the cake mix the dried fruits together in a bowl add the rum, stir well, then cover and leave overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 140C gas mark 1.
- Grease a deep 8 inch round cake tin and line it with a double layer of baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dairy free spread, dark and light brown sugars, Crackd® The No-Egg-Egg®, treacle and orange and lemon zest until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the plain flour, ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Tip the dry ingredients into the wet mix along with the coconut milk and red wine vinegar. Stir until just combined; be careful not to over-mix. The batter should be very thick.
- Fold in the fruit, and the chopped almonds.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared tin and use the back of a wet spoon to spread it level. 8. Bake for 2-3 hours until a skewer comes out clean.
Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin before turning it out and brush all over with rum or brandy.