6 or 8 Bread slices
50g Vegan Butter
1 tbs English Mustard
300ml Soya Milk
120g Crackd The No-Egg Egg
0.25 tsp Black Salt (kala Namak), Optional
0.50 tsp Salt
0.25 tsp Black Pepper
15g Chives, Finely chopped
100g Vegan Cheese, Coarsely grated
1. Take each slice of bread and butter both sides, then turn over and spread one side with mustard. Leave on one side.
2. Mix together the soya milk, Crackd No Egg Egg Replacer, Black salt, salt & and a few grinds of black pepper and whisk to combine.
3. Grease the base of a small ovenproof dish with either a little oil or vegan butter. Place a layer of bread into the base of the dish.
4. Sprinkle with some of the cheese and chives. Repeat this until all of the bread is used up and the casserole dish is full. Pour over the milk mixture.
5. Leave to stand on one side for at least 1-2 hours for the liquid to soak into the bread, you can place in the fridge to chill if you leave it for longer.
6. When ready to bake preheat the oven to 170 C. Place the dish into the oven and cook for 50 - 60 minutes until the centre is firm with no runny liquid.
7. Garnish with extra chives and serve immediately.
You can add roasted tomatoes, spinach or mushrooms to this dish in a layer at the bottom of the dish.
You can swap out the chives for parsley or chopped spring onions.
You can spread the bread with a vegan cream cheese for a double cheese version.