165gm vegan short crust pastry we recommend a ready rolled vegan pastry (such as Jus Roll)
1. Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 2.
2. Form the pastry into a 7-9 inch shallow cake tin, line with parchment and fill with baking beans and bake for 15 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
3. Turn the oven down to 140C/120C fan/gas 1.
4. In a bowl pour in the Crackd The No-Egg Egg.
5. In a large saucepan whisk the water, vegan milk, lemon juice, granulated sugar, salt and corn flour together.
6. Put the pan on a medium heat and whisk continuously until the mixture starts to bubble and thickens.
7. Slowly pour 1/3rd of the lemon mixture into the bowl of Crackd whisking all the time.
8. Pour the egg mix back into the pan of remaining lemon and whisk on a medium heat until it just starts to boil.
9. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest.
10. Pour the mixture into the pastry case until ¾ full.
11. Put the aquafaba, caster sugar, xanthan gum and cream of tartar into a clean bowl (make sure there is no oil in the bowl).
12. Whisk for 10-12 minutes until the meringue is stiff and stretchy.
13. Spoon the meringue onto the lemon filling and bake for a further 1 hour.
14. Remove the pie and allow to cool completely before slicing.