340g ZenB Penne
200g Tempeh, Sliced
2 tbs Maple Syrup
4 tbs Tamari Soy Sauce
2 tsp Liquid Smoke
180g Crackd The No-Egg Egg
80 ml Single Plant Cream
60g Plant Cheese, Finely grated
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
10g Parsley, Roughly Chopped
0.50 tsp Salt
Black Pepper To taste
1. For the tempeh bacon. Cut the tempeh into thick slices about 0.5cm each and then into small batons. Mix together the maple syrup, soy sauce and liquid smoke and leave on one side.
2. Heat a heavy based frying pan over a medium to high heat and add a 1-2 tbsp of oil. Add the tempeh strips and fry until they change colour and start to crisp. Add the Maple syrup mixture and continue to cook over a medium heat until the sauce has reduced and the tempeh strips look glossy and sticky. Place on one side.
3. Heat a large pan of salted boiling water and add the ZenB penne and cook as per the packet instructions. Drain and leave on one side.
4. Whisk together the Crackd egg replacer, cream, cheese, garlic, salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Stir into the cooked pasta along with the parsley and tempeh 'bacon'.
5. Serve in warmed pasta bowls with extra grated cheese & parsley.
Top Time Saver - you can replace the tempeh stage with a fake bacon replacer to cut down prep time.
Double your liquid and turn this into a pasta bake for day 2.