- Prepare your ingredients and dried fruit, cutting it into smaller pieces.
- In your stand mixer bowl with the dough hook attachment, add in your flour, yeast, sugar, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Mix together until combined.
- Add in the butter, milk, Crackd the No-Egg Egg and dried fruit.
- Mix the dough until smooth and elastic. Mixing should take around 5-7 minutes to achieve the correct consistency. It will be slightly sticky on your fingers but not too much.
- Place your dough into a lightly oiled glass bowl, and cover with cling film or a tea towel. Leave in a relatively warm area to double in size. This usually takes around 1 1/2 hours, but if it’s a very warm day it might only need 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil a baking tray, around 9×13″ is a good size to use.
- Dust your work surface with flour, and place the dough down on top. Knock out any air in the dough to deflate it.
- Weight the dough and divide by 12 to work out how much each bun should weigh. Mine was around 110g per bun.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces, and press down with your palm. Use your fingers and gather the dough into a ball, rolling briefly. You want the one side to be smooth on the surface.
- Place the balls smooth side up on the tray, and repeat.
- Lightly oil a piece of clingfilm and loosely put it over the tray.
- Leave the dough balls to proof again for around 40 minutes.3. After 20 minutes, pre-heat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Mix flour and water until a paste forms. It should be relatively thick.
- Spoon into a piping bag with a nozzle attached.
- Pipe over, ensuring to really hug the edges of the dough as you go.
- Bake the dough for 25 minutes, or until the buns are golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and brush over your glaze while they’re still warm.
Enjoy fresh out of the oven while still warm, with plenty of butter and jam. These are a great lunch time snack and perfect for an after dinner treat!